WHO WE ARE
The South Asian American Policy & Research Institute (SAAPRI) is a non-profit, non-partisan organization established in 2001 with the mission to serve South Asian Americans in the Chicago area, by using research to formulate equitable and socially responsible policy recommendations. Read more >>
What We Do
Since 2001, SAAPRI has taken the lead in collecting, aggregating, and presenting South Asian American-specific data. We develop projects in response to community needs and formulate data-driven solutions.
We advance public policy by formulating equitable and socially responsible policy recommendations on issues of importance to South Asian Americans through advocacy at local, state, and national levels.
We educate and empower our community by bringing awareness to the latest research and policy changes through community initiatives, media releases, public forums, and working strategically in our coalitions.
Discover SAAPRI's work on civic engagement, hate crimes, access to health care, economic development, and immigration.
- Support the South Asian Community—Fill out the U.S. Census Today!
- SAAPRI Launches New Policy Report on H-4 EAD Rescission Alongside Illinois Federal and State Representatives
- SAAPRI Releases Report on H-4 Work Authorization Policy’s Impact on South Asian Communities
- Key Findings from SAAPRI’s South Asians Aging in America
- 2019 Illinois Municipal Elections: What You Need to Know Before April 2nd