WHO WE ARE
The South Asian American Policy & Research Institute (SAAPRI) is a non-profit, non-partisan organization established in 2001 with the mission to serve South Asian Americans in the Chicago area, by using research to formulate equitable and socially responsible policy recommendations. Read more >>
What We Do
Since 2001, SAAPRI has taken the lead in collecting, aggregating, and presenting South Asian American-specific data. We develop projects in response to community needs and formulate data-driven solutions.
We advance public policy by formulating equitable and socially responsible policy recommendations on issues of importance to South Asian Americans through advocacy at local, state, and national levels.
We educate and empower our community by bringing awareness to the latest research and policy changes through community initiatives, media releases, public forums, and working strategically in our coalitions.
Discover SAAPRI's work on civic engagement, hate crimes, access to health care, economic development, and immigration.
- Dil Dhadakne Do: A South Asian Community Health Forum
- The 2018 Midterms and Beyond: Historic Election and Continued Engagement
- Protecting Work Authorization for H-4 Visa Holders
- SAAPRI Hosts Fall Fundraising Event: The State of South Asian American Influence & Power in Illinois
- SAAPRI’s Statement on the World Hindu Congress 2018